Need help to add a domain in PRTG? We can help you.
One of the methods we use to monitor the network for our customers is PRTG. It helps to increase the efficiency of our network.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several domain queries.
Today, let’s discuss how our Support Engineers do it easily for our customers.
How to add a domain in PRTG?
Paessler Router Traffic Grapher(PRTG) is a network monitor tool. It is inexpensive, flexible to use, and easy to deploy.
Since it can easily generate summary reports, to get an overview of the network and resource consumption, we can use the PRTG tool.
There are a lot of options available in the PRTG which helps in the monitoring. However, today we will see how our Support Techs add a domain in PRTG.
We have customers approach us to add the domain in PRTG to monitor the website. Here’s how our Support Engineers do it for them in a few and simple steps.
- Initially, from the Main Menu, we click on Devices.
- Then we select the server where the domain is hosted. The server already adds to the PRTG.
- After that, we click on Add Sensor+.
- Then under the Most Used Sensor Types, we select HTTP.
- We set the Website Name for Sensor Name. In addition, we specify the website name in the URL option and the rest to the default values.
- Finally, we click on Create to add the sensor.
How to pause monitoring for the website in PRTG?
Sometimes we may receive the website down alert in the PRTG. It may be due to some maintenance work from the customer’s end. In such cases, we pause the website.
In any case, we need to query with our customer, prior to taking any action.
To pause the website we search the website name in the Search option in the Main Menu. Then on the top right corner, we have the option to pause the website. In addition, we add the reason for pausing the website.
[Need more assistance to add a domain in PRTG? We’ll help you.]
To conclude, we saw that PRTG is a network monitoring system to monitor a website. Today, we discussed how our Support Engineers add a domain in the PRTG monitoring system.