Wondering how to turn on binary logging for Amazon Aurora MySQL cluster? We can help you.
Here, at Bobcares, we assist our customers with several AWS queries as part of our AWS Support Services.
Today, let us see how our Support Techs assist with this AWS query.
Binary logging for Amazon Aurora MySQL cluster
In order to replicate to an external MySQL-compatible database or to create a cross-Region replica.
You must turn on binary logging for your Aurora MySQL DB cluster.
When you turn on binary logging on Aurora, the recovery time after a crash can take longer.
This is because the recovery performs a full binary log recovery on the writer instance.
Usually, the duration of the crash recovery varies based on your configuration and workload.
Today, let us see the steps followed by our Support Techs to turn on binary logging for an Aurora DB cluster:
- Firstly, open the Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) console.
- Then, in the navigation pane, choose Parameter groups.
Please note if you’re using the default Aurora DB cluster parameter group, then create a new DB cluster parameter group. For Type, choose DB Cluster Parameter Group.
- Select the DB custom cluster parameter group, choose Parameter group actions, and select Edit.
- Change the value for the binlog_format parameter, for example to ROW, Statement, or MIXED.
- Finally, choose Save changes.
If you created a new DB cluster parameter group in step 2, attach the parameter group to your DB cluster:
- Firstly, open the Amazon RDS console.
- In the navigation pane, under Clusters, choose Modify.
- Update the DB Cluster Parameter Group to the new DB cluster parameter group, and then choose Apply immediately.
- Choose Continue, and choose Modify cluster.
Once you perform above steps, you must reboot the writer instance in the Aurora DB cluster for your changes to apply.
When you reboot the writer instance, all the readers in the DB cluster are also rebooted.
[Need help with the process? We’d be happy to assist you]
To conclude, here we saw how our Support Techs assist to turn on binary logging for Amazon Aurora MySQL cluster.