GlusterFS create volume – How we do it easily?
Are you stuck with GlusterFS create volume? Here’s how we create it.
Usually, creating a volume appears to be a tedious and troublesome process.
At Bobcares, we often receive requests to create it as part of our Server Management Services.
Today, let’s have a deep check on how our Support Engineers do it for our customers.
What is GlusterFS volume?
Before getting detailed on how to create volume, we will have a brief look at GlusterFS.
Usually, we always prefer Distributed Computing Systems to store the outgrowing data efficiently.
And, Gluster is a flexible and opensource user space file system.
It is a software-only file system that can store a large amount of data in file systems.
Mostly, any directory that we share among a collection of different shared files or directories is a brick.
And, the volume is a collection of bricks. GlusterFS supports different file systems.
How we do GlusterFS create volume?
So far we have discussed GlusterFS, now let’s discuss how to create volumes.
And, the steps for this is common in all versions.
1. Volume Settings
1. Firstly, we need to choose the volume tab in the resource pane and click on Create volume.
2. Here, we need to fill the volume settings. It includes the below parameters.
- The data center will be attached to the server. We need to specify the name of the cluster and the volume that is about to create.
- Then, we mention the type of GlusterFS volume and a list of bricks from the file system.
- After that, we need to choose from the basic access protocols like Gluster, NFS, and CIFS.
- Finally, we specify the IP addresses or hostnames that have the permission to access the GlusterFS volume. And, click on the Bricks button to add new bricks.
2. Add new bricks
Nextly, we need to add new bricks with the following properties.
- Volume type to change the type of the GlusterFS volume.
- A server that will export GlusterFS brick.
- Brick Directory to specify the directory to use.
Now, after adding the server and directory, we click on Add.
Finally, we specify multiple bricks based on the type of the volume and click on the ADD button to add volume.
[Need more assistance to create it?- We’re available 24/7.]
In today’s writeup, we discussed how to create GlusterFS volume easily and also saw how our Support Engineers do it for our customers.