We often receive several requests from our SolusVM customers on ‘how to change the node for a VPS in SolusVM without migrating data?’
Here, at Bobcares, we assist our customers with similar SolusVM queries as part of our Server Management Services.
Today, let’s see how our Support Techs change the node for a VPS in SolusVM Master without migrating data.
SolusVM: Change the node for a VPS
The SolusVM users may often need to change the node for a VPS. In order to change a node, the normal procedure is the manual migration of the KVM VPS from one node to another. But it involves the reboot of VPS and needs to manually type the migration commands from the terminal.
There are 2 possible ways to assign VPS to a different node without migrating data.
1. Disable Migrate Data Option
The first way to assign VPS to another node without migrating data is by disabling the Migrate data option.
Let’s see the steps followed by our Support Techs to disable Migrate data option.
- Open SolusVM Admin interface.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Virtual Servers > vps_name page.
- Click Migrate option from SolusVM.
- Under the ‘Configure’ page, there is one option Migrate Data.
If “Yes” is selected – VPS will be migrated to another node and the location of the VPS will be changed to the new node in the SolusVM interface.
If “No” is selected – VPS will not be migrated – its location will change to the new node in the SolusVM interface only.
5. Disable the Migrate Data option (NO) to change the node for the VPS
6. After selecting the other necessary configuration, Click on the Start
2. Update VPS information via the database
Let’s see how our Support Engineers update the VPS information via the database:
- Access the Master Node via SSH
- Then run the following command on the SolusVM Master:
# /scripts/vm-migrate <VSERVERID> <NEWNODEID>
<VSERVERID>: It is the ID listed in your VM list in SolusVM
<NEWNODEID>: It is the ID of the node listed in your Node List in SolusVM.
For example: # /scripts/vm-migrate 150 4
3. After that, boot up the VPS on the new node by clicking the Reboot option within SolusVM.
[Need help with more SolusVM queries? We can help you]
In short, we saw how our Support Engineers assign the node for a VPS in SolusVM without migrating data.