6 reasons why your customers can’t access cPanel and what to do about it
While running a cPanel hosting business, many often you may get contacted by your customers who complain that they can’t access cPanel.
Inability to access cPanel can hinder with their website updates and other functions, thus causing customers to complain. In our role as Outsourced hosting support specialists for web hosts, we help resolve such issues for web hosts.
Here, we’ll see the reasons why customers can’t access cPanel and the solutions for that.
Reasons why your customers ‘can’t access cPanel’
- DNS issues – The commonly used URL by customers to access their cPanel is ‘http://www.domain.com/cpanel’ or ‘http://www.domain.com:2082’. But if the domain name is not resolving properly due to any DNS issues or recent IP changes, it can cause the cPanel also to be inaccessible using these URLs.
- Routing errors – Any errors in the customer’s local router, ISP or in the routing from the ISP to the server, can block the proper access for customers to their cPanel.
- Firewall blocks – Every server has a set of firewall rules to protect it from unauthorized access and attacks. Due to login failure attempts or too many access, even valid IP can get blocked by the firewalls, causing cPanel access issues for those customers.
- Service failure – If the cPanel service is not running in the server, it can obviously lead to the entire customers being unable to access their account.
- Port blocks – Many ISPs are known to block cPanel related ports such as 2082, 2083, 2095, etc. as a part of their network security. This can cause the users on those ISPs to have difficulty accessing their cPanel.
- Incorrect login details – If the customer is using incorrect username and password to access his cPanel, he would not be able to access the account.
[ You don’t have to lose your sleep to keep your customers happy. Our friendly Hosting Support Specialists are online 24/7/365 to help your customers. ]
How we resolve cPanel access issues in servers
After identifying the reason for the cPanel access issue, we take appropriate actions to resolve the problem. If the issue is related to client’s ISP port blocks or routing errors, we provide them alternative ways such as cPanelproxy to access their cPanel.
If the server firewall or DNS issue is causing the cPanel block, we immediately identify the customer’s IP and unblock it. By identifying the reason for the firewall block, we are able to provide tips to customers to avoid further blocks.
In cases where we notice that the firewall rules are too strict and affect normal functioning, we monitor the block patterns and fine-tune the firewall rules to provide smoother access for customers.
[ Use your time to build your business. We’ll take care of your servers. Hire Our Hosting Support Specialists and boost your server performance. ]
At Bobcares, our 24/7 server specialists constantly monitor all the services in the server and proactively audit the server firewalls for unwanted blocks and keep tweaking them for better performance.
This enables us to prevent a service downtime or access issues for the customers of web hosts. If you would like to know how to reduce customer complaints in your hosting business, we are happy to talk to you.