Drush reset password Drupal 8 with ease with Bobcares by your side.
If you have misplaced or forgotten your Drupal 8 administrator password, you can stop worrying. Our talented Support Team is here with two different ways to reset your password.
At Bobcares, we come across similar queries all day as a part of our Server Management Services.
Can we reset passwords in Drupal 8 through Drush?
If you are looking for a way to reset your Drupal 8 administrator password, you have come to the right place. Our Support Engineers offer not one, but two different ways to get it done:
- Reset Drupal 8 password via DrupalConsole.
- Recover Drupal 8 password via Drush.
Reset Drupal 8 password via DrupalConsole
This method involves recovering the administrator password by generating a login link.
- First, generate a login link by running the following command:
- Then, reset the password with the following command:
If you want to clear previous failed login accounts, our Support Techs suggest running this command:
Reset Drupal 8 password via Drush
Our Support Team recently assisted on of our customers’ recover their Drupal 8 administrator password with the following steps:
- First, generate a one-time login link with the following command:
- Then, access the website’s file directory with the the following command:
Remember to replace public_html with the website’s file directory.
- After that, run the following command to reset the administrator password:
drush upwd admin --password=”newpassword”
Remember to replace admin with the username and newpassword with the new admin password for your Drupal 8 login.
[Server Management giving you trouble? We are just a click away.]
To sum up, the Support Techs at Bobcares demonstrated how to reset Drupal 8’s administration password via the DrupalConsole or Drush.