Server and Human health
Are Servers, inanimate objects, or are they similar to Humans in terms of health. In this article I would like to describe how Server health can be compared to Human health, how we need to take of Server health, in order to keep it humming perfectly.
Being hacked is similar to getting affected by disease. Let us take the example of a human body being affected by some Viral fever.
Why/when do you get affected by a viral fever? It happens mainly when
- Your Body looses its immunity to fight Germs
- Through unhealthy Surroundings
This is the same in the case of the servers. A server gets Hacked due to similar reasons like:-
- Lack of security measures
- Interacting with already Hacked Servers
An individual is said to be healthy when he is free from diseases. A server is said to be healthy when its safe from hackers and provides optimum performance.
Human Immunity is the ability of the body to fight Germs and keep the body healthy. Server Immunity is the ability of the Server to fight against hackers and keep the servers safe and secured.
To increase the Human body’s Immunity, the individual should keep his body healthy by :-
- Consuming healthy food
- Planned exercises/workouts.
- Not straining his body much.
- Conducting regular Body checkup with the advice of a good Doctor
When it comes to Server Immunity,we should follow the given below options to keep them healthy.
- Do not Overload Server.
- Implement Server Security measures.
- Install only Secured softwares.
- Conducting regular Server Audit’s by Security Experts.
It is very simple to make it out, if a Human Body or a server is affected. First let us take the case of a Human Body. For example,
- The body will start to show unusual behaviors.
- High Fever with high temperature .
- Symptoms of other diseases also will start appearing.
When it comes to the case of Servers, then :-
- Server Uptime will reduce.
- Server starts showing unusual behavior.
- Load of the server will start to climb high.
If symptoms are seen in the human body, it’s always best to consult a good doctor, rather than taking medicines on our own. Simply said,
- Consult with a Doctor first
- Have a doctor diagnose the disease and prescribe medicines.
When it comes to a server its always better to have a Security expert to check your Server, because he is an expert in the field like a doctor . The Security experts advice is similar to a doctors prescription. So take it seriously.1) Have your Server checked and Audited by a Security expert periodically.
2) Implement the Expert’s advice. This is similar to a doctor’s prescription.
Lets take the Human Body first.
- Keep the body healthy by eating good food containing high quantity of vitamins.
- Do regular exercise and workouts.
- Do regular body checkup like once in a year.
And in the case of Servers,
- Avoid over loading the Servers
- Should not install 3rdparty software’s without consulting your Security Admin.
- With the help of a Security Admin, Implement Security measures.
- Conduct Regular Audit and fix the bugs found in the Audit.
In the concluding stage , I hope my effort to bring in the similarity of Human Body and a Server was successful. The main aim for me to write this article was to create an awareness that Servers are similar to Human Body . So a Server administrator should take care of them, very much the way he takes care of his body.