Think like your customers: The best way to make them happy!!
“If you want to make your customers happy, you should start thinking from their perspective!”
This is something that my boss always tells me and insists me to do. And it really works! To give the best solution to the customer, you should thoroughly understand his business and what he expects from his support personnel.
How can a Support Engineer “think like a customer”?
It is very simple. Get a better understanding of all the issues your customers might have. See their point of view and try to really put yourself in their position.
Just assume that you are having the issue and you are the one who submitted the ticket. How would you want the support team to answer your questions? Make a list of those things in your mind and start working on it right away.
When you really start doing it,
- You will end up giving more solutions/suggestions, enabling the customer to choose the best possible solution.
- You will try to find the root cause of the issue, rather than providing just a temporary fix.
- You will start explaining everything in detail so that, the customer understands what you did to fix the issue.
OK. I got a ticket. I would like to make my customer happy. What should I do?
- Do not assume anything. If you have doubts, clarify them with the customer.
- Keep your customers updated. Let them know the actual cause of the issue. Customers would always want to know the reason, even if they might not understand it completely.
- Give the best possible solutions for the customer. Most customers prefer doing things by themselves. Educate them so that, the next time they come across such a situation, they would be able to handle it by themselves.
- Give pro-active suggestions to the customer.
Keeping your customers happy is not such a difficult task. By keeping all these in mind, you will be all set to exceed your customer’s expectations and be a good Support Engineer!!
About the Author :
Priya Agni has been working with Bobcares for over five years and she is an expert in Control panels and Operating systems used in the Web Hosting industry. Priya is specialized into remotely managing Datacenters. She brings in a lot of flexibility into the company, with her knowledge in various areas of the Hosting industry. Priya is a great stage performer and during her free hours, she loves to dance and plays with her daughter.