I have been dealing with quite a large number of clients, their queries and feedbacks for the past few months. The common thing that I noticed with all is the hurry to fix the issue concerned about the downtime for their business. We all undoubtedly hope for a tension free life, and why should a troublesome and complicated mail issue in your hosting drive you nuts???????
It is in this sense that the option Exim + cPanel becomes relevant. In most of the Exim issues that I handle, what I see in the end is loads of thanks replies admiring the advanced and unique features of Exim. I hope that I will be able to explain quite a few of the reasons for those happy endings!!!!!
Exim + cPanel provides you a tension free mail management. By choosing Exim you are configuring a reliable mail service to meet the specific needs of your site. Exim is a highly customizable mail server that is inbuilt with cPanel. One of the admirable custom feature of Exim is built-in filter processing, well here is an example of how a built in filter works.
Eg: Suppose you want to send mail to a mail address email@example.com and at the same time you want to save the mail to a folder “archive”. You can use the filter functionality here.
For example, for an Exim filter, the output
Deliver message to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Save message to : /home/bob/mail/archive
It means that one copy of the message would be sent to email@example.com, and another copy would be added to the file /home/bob/mail/archive.
Exim mail server along with the cPanel provides efficient Mail management. The various features integrated with the cPanel includes:-
1. Option to limit incoming mails to the server by limiting particular users or domains, thus minimizing unwanted bandwidth usage (Particular when bandwidth usage is not set to infinite).
2. Option to prevent users from receiving spam mail and potentially dangerous attachments.
3. Filter messages save messages to files or divert them to other addresses, or check them for spam or viruses and delete them if they do.
4. Option RBL , using this option you can configure your mail server to check incoming mail against the available RBLs ie. Real-time block list and blocks the incoming messages if the IP or hostname matches an entry. Thereby minimizing the threat of Spam in the server.
5. Integrated availability of SpamAssassin, which is an efficient Spam filtering utility.
6. Advanced Editor configuration where the functionality of the Exim can be further customized accordingly.
7. Supports SSL/TLS: It supports sending over SSL/TLS encrypted connections, which can be important if you’re using a wireless laptop and don’t want anyone sniffing out your mail login and password.
8. Secure your email system to prevent unauthorized use and maintain the confidentiality of messages.
9. Tune your server to give optimal performance in your environment.
10. Another feature that upholds the package is the unmatched debugging ease. Coming back to the daily issues (I have to add that much of the issues are simple and it just occurs due to some minor mistakes from customers end) whenever I notice that the mail server is Exim millions of bulbs starts blinking around, it is simply that easy to debug and fix. It also means that it saves your precious time in business turning those millions bulbs to million dollars in your business.
I hope that the above could help you to meet the features of the cPanel Exim package. In practical scenario the services offered by Exim is much more amazing.
We will be happy to hear from you..
About the Author :
Taniya Vincent works as a Software Engineer in Bobcares. She joined Bobcares in April 2012. She loves reading books and designing jewellery in her free time.