So, you have configured your server with backup. Thats great!
Most sysadmins are pretty confident about their backup systems, but is it really adequate?
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1. Are you sure the backups are really running?
2. Are you sure they are recoverable?
3. When is the last time you did an integrity check on them?
4. Have you planned for backup capacity expansion?
5. When was the last time a security audit was done on your backup server?
6. What is your contingency plan if your data center is inaccessible?