7 best practices in managing your hosting server backups
So, you have configured your server with backup. Thats great!
Most sysadmins are pretty confident about their backup systems, but is it really adequate?
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1. Are you sure the backups are really running?
2. Are you sure they are recoverable?
3. When is the last time you did an integrity check on them?
4. Have you planned for backup capacity expansion?
5. When was the last time a security audit was done on your backup server?
6. What is your contingency plan if your data center is inaccessible?
I can keep adding to the list of questions, but I guess you get the point. There is more to backup management than clicking on “Enable backup” in your control panel.
[ Focus on your core business without interruptions. Our tech support experts are here to manage your customers 24/7. ]
Here is a list of 7 best practices which will help you in creating a backup management policy.