Stuck with Amazon Redshift connection refused error? We can help you.
At Bobcares we assist our customers with several AWS queries as part of our AWS Support Services for AWS users, and online service providers.
Today, let us discuss how to resolve this Redshift error.
How to resolve amazon Redshift connection refused error?
Typically, errors might appear as shown below:
- Failed to establish a connection to <endpoint>.
- Could not connect to server: Connection timed out. Is the server running on host ‘<endpoint>’ and accepting TCP/IP connections on port ‘<port>’?
- Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
Today, let us see the steps followed by our Support Techs to resolve it.
Generally, when you receive an error message indicating that there is a failure to establish a connection.
It is an issue with permission to access the cluster.
To connect to the cluster from a client tool outside of the network that the cluster is in, add an ingress rule.
Add the rule to the cluster security group for the CIDR/IP that you are connecting from:
- If you created your Amazon Redshift cluster in a VPC based on Amazon VPC, add your client CIDR/IP address to the VPC security group in Amazon VPC.
- Then, if you created your Amazon Redshift cluster outside a VPC, add your client CIDR/IP address to the cluster security group in Amazon Redshift.
If you attempt to connect to the cluster from a client tool in an Amazon EC2 instance, you also add an ingress rule.
In this case, add the rule to the cluster security group for the Amazon EC2 security group that is associated with the Amazon EC2 instance.
Sometimes, you might have a layer between your client and server, such as a firewall.
In these cases, make sure that the firewall accepts inbound connections over the port that you configured for your cluster.
[Need help with the Amazon error? We’d be happy to assist]
In short, today we saw how our Support Techs resolved amazon Redshift connection refused error