Wondering how to Block an IP in Virtualmin? We can help you.
A key element to secure the server is ensuring that only particular authorized users have access to it.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several Virtulamin queries.
Today, let us see how to block an IP.
Block IP in Virtualmin
Moving ahead, let us see a few methods from our Support Techs to limit who has access to the server.
To do so, we can either block the IP address or restrict access to specific IP addresses.
Block an IP address for a site
- Initially, we go to Services -> Configure Website -> /home/whatever/public_html
- Then we navigate to Access Control
- In the “Restrict access” field we select ‘Deny’ and ‘Requests from host’ and then enter an IP in the adjacent field.
- We can re-visit the page to block more than one IP after saving.
- Once done, we click ‘Apply Changes’.
Restrict access by IP
With the IP Access Control module, you can configure Webmin/Virtualmin to allow or deny a user access based on their IP address or even Hostname.
Before we proceed any further, you’ll first need to log in to your Virtualmin control panel.
- To do so, we click on the Webmin section.
- We select the Webmin option
- Then we click on the Webmin Configuration module.
- Click on the IP Access Control module.
- We can select addresses to block or only allow access from specific addresses.
- In the Allowed IP addresses text box, we fill in the IP address/Hostname (Or addresses/Hostnames) we need.
- Once done, we click the Save button.
Now, the server will only be accessible to the address/Hostname (Or addresses/Hostnames) that we provided in the Allowed IP addresses text box.
[Need help with the procedures? We’d be happy to assist]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs Block IP in Virtualmin.