Stuck with Code 9c57 Windows Update Error? We can help you.
Error Code 9c57 generally occurs due to a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.
Here at Bobcares, we often get to handle similar errors which occur during windows updates for our customers.
Today let’s see how our Support Engineers resolve this error as a part of our Server Management Services.
Common Causes of the Error
1. When there is a failure of installation, incorrect or uninstallation of software leaves invalid entries in the Windows registry.
2. May occur as a consequence of a virus or malware attack.
3. Due to improper system shutdown as a result of power failure.
4. Someone accidentally deletes a necessary system file or registry entry.
How to fix Code 9c57 Windows Update Error
Following are various methods to fix this error:
1. Windows update troubleshooter
To troubleshoot the issue with Windows Updates, we can run the Windows update troubleshooter and then try installing the updates.
2. Troubleshooting a failed installation of Internet Explorer 11
1. We need to ensure that the system meets the minimum system requirements
2. Check whether prerequisite updates are installed.
3. After that we need to ensure that the video card driver is compatible.
4. Finally we need to ensure that the installation of other updates is complete.
If we have ongoing activity, we have to do the following before trying to install Internet Explorer 11:
– If an update installation is in progress, let that installation finish. – If all updates are installed but a system restart is pending, restart the system.
After that, we can ensure the correct installer version.
And then uninstall Internet Explorer 9 before installing Internet Explorer 11
3. Install the updates one at a time.
Follow the steps:
1. First open Windows updates.
2. After that click on the option where it says “important updates available”.
3. And then uncheck all the updates except one and then install it.
4. Finally, check if we get the error on all the updates or only a few of them.
4. We can run DISM to fix the Windows update error.
To resolve this problem, use the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.
Then, install the Windows update or service pack again.
1. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-select Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator.
2. Type the following command, and then press Enter.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
However, if the Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of the repair source.
3. Type the sfc /scannow command and press Enter.
4. Close the command prompt, and then run Windows Update again.
DISM creates a log file (%windir%/Logs/CBS/CBS.log) that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed. %windir% is the folder in which Windows is installed.
[Need assistance? – We are available 24*7]
In short, we saw the different methods that our Support Techs follow to fix the Code 9c57 Windows Update Error.