Wondering how to convert Database Schema AWS DMS task? We can help you.
For the AWS DMS task, we need to install the AWS Schema Conversion Tool and database drivers for Windows.
Here, at Bobcares, we assist our customers with several AWS queries as part of our AWS Support Services.
Today, let us see how to perform that.
Convert Database Schema AWS DMS task
The AWS SCT automatically converts the source database schema and most custom code to a format that’s compatible with the target database.
Any data that can’t be converted is marked so that you can convert the data manually during your migration.
Moving ahead, let us see the steps our Support Techs follow to perform the query.
Install the AWS SCT
Before we proceed, make note that these steps are for Windows OS.
- Initially, we download the zip folder.
- Then we extract the AWS Schema Conversion Tool .msi file.
- After that, we open the folder.
- Finally, we run the AWS SCT installer file.
Install the database driver
These steps install the database drivers for an environment that runs MySQL with a Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver for Windows.
- We download the connector from the database engine’s documentation.
- Then we select JDBC Driver for MySQL > Download.
- We download the platform-independent (architecture-independent) ZIP archive or TAR archive.
- After that, we unzip the file
- Later we create a directory, and then move the files to the new directory.
- We also note or copy that file location.
Set the driver location globally in the AWS SCT
- Open the AWS SCT, and then we go to Settings > Global Settings.
- Here, we select Drivers.
- Then in the MySql Driver Path, we select Browse.
- We go to the location of the driver that we previously noted.
- Eventually, we open the folder and select the executable jar file.
- Finally, we select OK.
[Stuck in between? We are here for you]
To conclude, here we saw how our Support Techs install the AWS Schema Conversion Tool and database drivers.