Wondering how to create Source or Target Endpoints using AWS DMS? We can help you.
Generally, we need to make sure that we use the most recent AWS CLI version while we run AWS CLI.
Here, at Bobcares, we assist our customers with several AWS queries as part of our AWS Support Services.
Today, let us see how to specify a source and a target database endpoint for the AWS DMS task.
Create Source or Target Endpoints using AWS DMS
Before we run an AWS DMS task, we must create a replication instance, a source endpoint, and a target endpoint.
Moving ahead, let us see how our Support Techs perform this.
Let us now discuss the steps to create source and target endpoints.
Create endpoints when creating a replication instance
- Initially, we open the AWS DMS console.
- From the navigation pane, we select Replication instances.
- Then we select Create replication instance, and enter the replication instance information.
- On the Connect source and target database endpoints page, we specify the source and target endpoints.
Create source and target endpoints after creating a replication instance
- Here, we open the AWS DMS console.
- From the navigation pane, we select Endpoints > Create endpoint.
- Then we select the Source endpoint and enter the source endpoint information.
- Eventually, we select Create endpoint.
- From the Endpoints pane, we Select Create endpoint.
- Then we select the Target endpoint and enter the target endpoint information.
- Finally, we select, Create endpoint.
Make note that when we create a password for the PostgreSQL endpoint, we can’t use the following special characters: +, %, or ;.
Similarly, for MySQL endpoint passwords, we can’t use ;.
Create endpoints using the AWS CLI
Once we install and configure the latest version of the AWS CLI, we run the create-endpoint command.
[Need help with the creation? We are here for you]
To conclude, we can create Source or Target Endpoints using AWS DMS while we create a replication instance or after creating a replication instance. In short, we saw how our Support Techs do that.