Are you trying to upload a favicon to your DNN website? We can help you upload it.
We can upload it to DNN websites by using the Favicon upload option.
Favicons are icons with .ico extension which are associated with a particular website.
Typically, they are displayed in the address bar of a browser accessing the site. Also, they are displayed next to the site name in a user’s list of bookmarks.
Here at Bobcares, we often receive requests to upload favicons in DNN websites as part of our Server Management Services.
Today, let’s see the process of uploading the favicon to a DNN website.
How to upload a favicon on the DNN website?
Recently, one of our customers approached us with the requirement to upload a favicon to his DNN website. Our Support Engineers had a precise look into his requirement and sorted it out for him.
Now, let’s see how our Support Engineers uploaded it to the DNN website.
- Firstly, we logged into his DNN website with host privileges.
- Then, we navigated to Site Settings -> Site Info -> Logo and Icons -> Favicon.
- Lastly, we uploaded the favicon’s .ico file from here.
Thus, we uploaded the favicon successfully for our customers.
Alternatively, we can also upload it to the DNN website using the “Enter URL Link” option.
In this case, our Support Engineers follow the below steps.
- Firstly, we upload the favicon image to the httpdocs folder via file manager.
- Then, we navigate to Site Settings >> Site Info >> Logo and Icons >> Favicon in the website.
- Nextly, we click on the “Enter URL Link option”.
- Lastly, we enter the URL “http://<doman-name>/<faviconname>.ico” and press Enter and Save the settings made.
This also uploads favicon to DNN websites.
[Need more assistance with favicons? We are available 24/7]
In short, we can upload favicon in DNN websites either by using the Favicon upload option or by the Enter URL Link option from Site Settings. In today’s write up we saw how effectively our Support Engineers uploaded favicon for our customer.