Is your website showing a ‘Service Unavailable’ error after DNN install? We can help you.
Usually, The service unavailable error occurs when the IIS application pool is disabled in Plesk.
At Bobcares, we often get requests to fix DNN errors, as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today, let’s see how our Support Engineers fix this error for our customers.
Install DNN on the website
DNN is a web content management and we can install it easily on the website. Let’s see the steps to install the DNN on the website.
1. Initially, we download the latest stable release of DotNetNuke from the official website.
2. Then right-click on the downloaded file and click the Properties.
3. After that, we tick the Unblock option and we extract it.
4. Then we clear everything in the website folder and copy the extracted files to the website folder.
5. After that, we set the IWPG permission.
- For that, we right-click on the website folder and select the security tab.
- Then we check that the IWPG user has modified privilege.
6. Then we go to SQL Server Management Studio.
7. Then we expand the newly created databases and expand the particular database.
8. After that, we click the Security and select the Users.
9. Find the user we have created and right-click on it. Then go to Properties.
10. Then Open Membership, Untick all, and check db_owner.
11. After that, we browse the domain in the browser.
12. Then we go through the installation wizard of the DNN and provide the database details.
13. Also, create the login credentials and click the Visit Website button to open the new site.
How to fix Service Unavailable Error?
Recently, one of our customers approached us to install DNN on his site. While installing the DNN we got the below error.
Let’s see how our Support Engineers fix the error for our customers.
On checking, we found that the Dedicated application pool is disabled in Plesk. So we enable it by following the below steps.
1. Initially we log in to Plesk Control Panel.
2. Then we select the subscription.
3. After that, we select theWebsites and Domains and click the Dedicated IIS Application Pool.
4. Then we Click on the Switch On option to enable the dedicated IIS application Pool.
5. Finally, we click Ok.
[Need assistance to fix DNN Errors? We’ll help you.]
In short, to fix the Service Unavailable Error we should check whether the Dedicated application pool option is enabled in Plesk before DNN install. Also, we saw how our Support Engineers install DNN for our customers.