Error code 15 triggers in VestaCP during Let’s Encrypt SSL installation due to several reasons. The most common reasons include lack of updated repositories, using a force-https template, etc.
As a part of our Server Management Services, we help our Customers to fix SQL related errors regularly.
Today, let us discuss the possible causes and fixes for this error.
What causes the error code 15 in VestaCP?
Generally, while installing Let’s Encrypt SSL in VestaCP, sometimes error code 15 triggers. For instance, the error appears as shown below:
Here are the major reasons for this error to occur.
- Repositories not updated
- Adding another domain to hosting with let’s encrypt enabled, caused a bug to switch off “proxy support”
- If a force-https template for Nginx is used in let’s encrypt, “nginx.domain.com.conf_letsencrypt” is missing
How to fix error code 15 in VestaCP?
Now let’s take a look at how our Support Engineers resolve this error to our customers.
1. Updating and upgrading the repositories
We execute the below commands to update and upgrade the repositories.
apt-get update apt-get upgrade
2. For sites that use Apache with Nginx proxy (hosting & force-https template), switching off LE support and saving, then going back in and switching on generally fixes the issue.
We suggest not to disable Nginx proxy support. However, select the “hosting” template for Nginx when disabling SSL. Also, log in as admin, switch user to non-admin user, and then enable proxy again. Then you can turn on SSL / Letsencrypt. The domain should clearly retain the proxy settings as originally set.
3. Include the file “nginx.domain.com.conf_letsencrypt” to the force-https template.
We suggest adding “include %home%/%user%/conf/web/*nginx.%domain_idn%.conf_letsencrypt;” in the file /usr/local/vesta/data/templates/web/nginx/force-https.tpl.
[Need any further assistance with VestaCP errors? – We’d be happy to help you]
Today, we saw the different causes for this VestaCP error to occur and also saw the solutions our Support Engineers provide to resolve this error.