How to reset FTP password without Plesk?
Looking for the steps to reset the FTP password without Plesk? We can help you.
Usually, we reset the FTP password through the backend during the absence of the control panel.
At Bobcares, we often get requests to reset the FTP password as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today, let’s see how our Support Engineers reset the password without the control panel for our customers.
What is the use of the FTP protocol?
FTP is the file transfer protocol that is used to transfer the files on a computer network. We can connect to FTP through the command line, web browser or some FTP clients like FileZilla, Cyberduck, and WinSCP.
Active and passive are the two modes in the FTP connection. In the active mode, the server initiates the connection and in passive mode, the client initiates the connection.
The File Transfer Protocol helps to upload or download files to the website. Once the FTP account is created, we can upload or download the files using the credentials.
How to reset the FTP password without Plesk?
Plesk is a Control panel that helps to set up new websites, FTP accounts, e-mail accounts, DNS entries, etc through a web-based interface.
Recently, one of our customers approached us to reset the FTP password. On checking, we found that there is no control panel for it. So we have to reset the FTP password through IIS.
Let’s see how our Support Engineers reset the FTP password in IIS.
1. Initially we log in to Internet Information Services (IIS).
2. Then right-click on the website and we click Edit Bindings.
3. In the Site Bindings window, we make sure that there is a binding for port 21.
4. After that, we open Computer Management. To open it, we run compmgmt.msc command in command prompt and press Enter.
5. Then we click on Local Users and Groups from the left pane.
6. After that click on the Users.
7. Then we select the FTP User to change password.
8. After that, right-click on selected user and choose Set Password option.
9. Then it prompts a window to change the password of the FTP user.
10. Finally, save the password and connect to FTP with a new password.
[Need assistance to reset the FTP password without Plesk? We’ll help you.]
In short. we discussed the file transfer protocol. Also, we saw how our Support Engineers help our customers to reset the FTP password without Plesk.