Don’t know how to improve the performance of Websites using Cloudflare? We can help you.
Performance and web security are the basic and foremost concerns that every website owner. Cloudflare is an answer to all those concerns.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several Cloudflare queries.
Today, let us see how to improve the performance of Websites using Cloudflare.
Cloudflare and Website security
With Cloudflare, if we are subject to DDoS attacks, we will be able to access at least some portions. Hence, we will not experience a total denial of service.
A free system, Cloudflare acts as a proxy between visitors and the server.
When a website becomes a part of the Cloudflare community, they help in automatically optimizing the delivery of the web pages so that the page load time increase and give the best performance.
Once Cloudflare identifies an attack, it blocks the attack for both the particular website and the entire community. It will then present a list of attacks from which we have been protected.
Cloudflare protects a website from cross-site scripting, SQL injection, comment spam, excessive bot crawling, email harvesters, etc.
Improve the performance of Websites using Cloudflare
With Cloudflare, we can build a reputation for every visitor online by gathering the threat data that is available.
In addition, we can customize the security settings for the site. Then CloudFlare’s network stops the threats before can reach us. Thus we can save bandwidth and resources.
We can also add an IP address or IP ranges or entire countries to the Trust and Block list.
- Web application firewall (WAF): Without using any hardware, one can stop real-time attacks like SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and comment spam.
- One-click SSL: We can add SSL with a single click without any change in the existing configuration.
- Site Performance Improvement: Improves the page load speed.
- Bot and Threat Protection and Spam Comments Protection: Leverages data from third-party resources to reduce the number of spam comments.
- Offline Browsing Mode: In the event that our server is unavailable, visitors will be able to access the site since CloudFlare serves the visitor a page from its cache.
- Lower CPU Usage: As fewer requests hit our server, this lowers the overall CPU usage of your account.
- New Site Stats: Gives an insight into search engine crawlers and threats.
Use Cloudflare for Websites
We require only a simple change in the domain’s DNS settings to set Cloudflare for Websites. We don’t need to install any hardware or software or change any of the site’s existing code.
- Initially, sign up for Cloudflare. To do so follow, https://www.cloudflare.com/index.html.
- Once done, we can select a plan from the list of plans according to your requirement.
- Then enter the domain, and, then follow further steps, set DNS Records, “click next” and we are done.
- If for some reason we want to deactivate the CloudFlare service, we just have to click the deactivate button.
[Need help with the setup? We can help you]
To conclude, our Support Techs introduced to us how to improve the performance of Websites using Cloudflare.