Install WordPress on DirectAdmin – Top 2 ways
Are you looking for an easy way to install WordPress on DirectAdmin?
DirectAdmin allows WordPress installs using one-click web application installers like Installatron or manually.
Often, installations can fail due to mistakes in steps.
At Bobcares, we get requests to install WordPress on DirectAdmin, as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today, we will see how our Support Engineers install it using both ways.
Manual installation of WordPress on DirectAdmin?
Usually, we can install WordPress on DirectAdmin either using the built-in option or via installers like Installatron.
So, let’s see the method recommended by our Support Engineers to do this manually. And the steps are as follows,
1. Initially, download WordPress from the official website and save the .zip file in the system.
2. Next, log in to DirectAdmin.
3. Then from the files, select the domain in which we want to install WordPress. Here we select the public_html folder
4. Next, upload the WordPress .zip file. For this, we select the option to Upload files to the current directory. Here we select the required file and click the option Upload Files. Then click on the go back option.
5. In the pubilc_html extract the WordPress zip file.
6. Then we have to move up the WordPress extracted file. For this, we select it, Add to clipboard and then select Up a Level. Then we click the option Move Clipboard Files here and remove the zip file.
7. Now the WordPress is successfully installed.
Later, we set up it. For this, we access the WordPress site via browser and enter all the required data. For instance, this page asks for database details. Here, we submit it and Run the installation.
Finally, its time to provide user credentials and Install WordPress. This displays the success message. Later, we can log in with the already given credentials.
What is Installatron?
Installatron is a one-click web application installer. This multi-platform installer makes application management easier using the graphical interface. This is available as a licensed plugin in web hosting control panels like DirectAdmin.
How to install WordPress on DirectAdmin using Installatron?
Installing WordPress is much easier when it is done using Installatron. Let’s see how this is done.
1. Initially, we login to DirectAdmin.
2. Then we select Installatron Application Installer under Advanced Features.
3. Next, we select WordPress from the available options. Here, we click the option Install this application.
4. In the next window, we specify the directory we want to install WordPress.
5. Finally, click the option Install. Later, we check if is properly installed.
[Need help installing WordPress on DirectAdmin? – Our Experts are available 24/7.]
So far, we saw how to install WordPress on DirectAdmin. Today, we saw the two methods our Support Engineers recommend to install it – the manual and automatic way.