Wondering how to Manage Amazon SNS? We can help you.
Let us see how to manage topics, subscriptions, and messages using the Amazon SNS console.
Here, at Bobcares, we assist our customers with several AWS queries as part of our AWS Support Services.
Today, we will see how our Support Techs manage the Amazon SNS.
Manage Amazon SNS
Moving ahead, let us see how our Support Techs manage topics, subscriptions, and messages with the Amazon SNS console.
Step 1: Create a topic
- Initially, we sign in to the Amazon SNS console.
- From the left navigation pane, we select Topics > Create topic.
- By default, the console creates a FIFO topic. Then we select, Standard.
- In the Details section, we enter a Name for the topic.
- Then we scroll to the end of the form and select Create topic.
- Eventually, the console opens the new topic’s Details page.
Step 2: Create a subscription to the topic
- From the left navigation pane, select Subscriptions.
- Then, we select Create subscription.
- In there, we select the Topic ARN field to see a list of the topics in the AWS account.
- Eventually, we select that topic.
- For Protocol, we select Email.
- For Endpoint, we enter an email address that can receive notifications.
- Then we select Create subscription.
- It will open a new subscription’s Details page.
- Check the email inbox and select Confirm subscription in the email from AWS Notifications.
Mostly, the sender ID is “[email protected]”.
- Later, Amazon SNS opens the web browser and displays a subscription confirmation with the subscription ID.
Step 3: Publish a message on the topic
- In the left navigation pane, we select Topics.
- On the Topics page, we select the topic we created earlier, and then select Publish message.
It will then open a Publish message to the topic page.
- (Optional) In the Message details section, we can enter a Subject
- In the Message body section, we select Identical payload for all delivery protocols and then enter a message body.
- Then we select, Publish message.
Eventually, the console will open the topic’s Details page.
- We can check the email inbox and verify an email from Amazon SNS with the published message.
Step 4: Delete the subscription and topic
- Initially, in the navigation pane, we select Subscriptions.
- Then we select a confirmed subscription and select Delete.
- We select Delete in the Delete subscription dialog box.
- After that, in the navigation panel, we select the Topics.
- Here, we select a topic and then select Delete.
- On the Delete topic MyTopic dialog box, we enter delete me and then select Delete.
[Stuck between the process? We are here for you]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs go about Amazon SNS.