Need to Optimize WordPress on Ubuntu 20.04? We can help you with it.
At Bobcares we often get requests from our customers to optimize their WordPress sites as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today let’s see how we easily do this for our customers.
Steps to Optimize WordPress on Ubuntu 20.04.
Optimization is usually done to enhance the efficiency and performance of the WordPress site.
The steps that our Support Techs follow for the optimization of WordPress sites(s) on Ubuntu 20.04 is discussed in this article.
We must ensure that we have administrative access in the Ubuntu server which we are about to Optimize WordPress.
The following are some of the best practices done by our Support Engineers to optimize WordPress sites.
1. Considering Installation aspects
We have to keep in mind the following during the installation and creation of WordPress
1. Maintenance and security preferences
2. The location of potential users
3. Considering the Site’s potential such as intend to use the site, the growth of the site, whether the site is a static or dynamic one, and if the site is a single site or pool of sites.
4. Optimizing installation preferences to reduce latency and increase performance on the site.
5. Selecting a Hosting provider that provides the latest WordPress, Apache, MySQL, and PHP software with firewall and SSL certificate capabilities to prevent downtime and performance errors.
6. We must be aware of the location of our servers or datacenters when starting a new WordPress installation. It is usually best to choose the general location of our visitors and users and this also reduces latency.
2. Optimizing Theme Configuration
We have a wide range of themes that are available for WordPress sites giving us the option to customize WordPress.
For Optimizing the theme configuration we can do the following:
1. It is important that we initially use only the essential features available while setting up the WordPress site and adding up more as the site grows.
2. Starting with a lightweight theme can help the installation to load more efficiently.
3. We must ensure to turn off or disable any features in the theme that we do not need or use for our site. This reduces the number of queries for data in the background.
[Need assistance to optimize theme? We are happy to help you!]
3. Choosing the Plugins the right way
WordPress plugins allow the users to customize their installation or help to add extra features they wish to have for their specific needs.
There are over 56,000 currently available plugins, making it easy to add additional features to a WordPress site.
Though generally, plugins can enhance the efficiency of WordPress sites, we must be very careful to choose plugins with quality.
And to choose plugins that have maintenance and updates regularly, since using too many plugins will reduce the speed of the site over time.
4. Optimizing for Security and Performance
It is important to make the site secure from attacks, the steps to ensure security and health of the site are given below:
1. First we can tweak the WordPress settings by changing the site’s login address.
2. Then checking the site health using the Site Health tool, which is available in the Tools section of WordPress dashboard:
By following the instructions found in each dropdown on the Status tab we can improve the security or performance of the site.
3. Caching helps to improve the WordPress site’s speed and performance. This can be done using any plugin that is available in WordPress.
[Need assistance to Optimize WordPress? We can help you]
To conclude, in this article we saw how our Support Engineers optimize WordPress on ubuntu 20.04 by performing some simple and easy steps.