As an exchange user of Microsoft Outlook, it is possible to clear offline items and also recover cleared offline items in a specified folder in outlook
Here at Bobcares, we have seen several such Outlook related queries as part of our Server Management Services for web hosts and online service providers.
Today we will take a look at how to recover cleared offline items in a specified folder in outlook.
Clear all offline items in a specified folder in Outlook
Here are the steps our Support Engineers follow to clear all offline items in the specified folder.
- First, we click to open the specified folder from which we need to clear the offline items. Here we are considering the inbox folder.
- Next, we right-click the folder and select the Properties by right-clicking the menu.
- An ‘Inbox Properties’ window will open where we click on the ‘Clear Offline Items’ button.
- Then appears a warning dialog box. We click the OK button on it.
- Finally, we click on the ‘OK’ button in the Inbox Properties dialog box.
How to recover cleared offline items in a specified folder in Outlook
In some cases, we clear the offline items by mistake. So our Support Engineers follow the below steps to recover them.
- First, we open the specified folder whose offline items we wish to recover. Here, we are considering an inbox.
- Then we click on the ‘Update Folder’ button on the ‘Send/Receive’ tab.
- It will take some time to recover and update the offline items for the specified folder. Once the update completes, the Outlook Send/Receive Progress dialog box will automatically close.
[Still, finding any issue in clearing the offline items or to recover them? – We are here to help you]
In short, it is possible to clear the offline items from a specific folder. Also, it is possible to recover. Today, we saw how our Support Engineers clear the offline items from a specific folder and also recover them.