Wondering how to fix SolusVM error: Please configure your DNS servers? We can help you!
Solusvm users often report to us that they are unable to add reverse DNS record and end up with this error.
Here at Bobcares, we handle requests from our customers to fix similar errors as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today let’s see how our Support Engineers fix this issue for our customers.
How to fix SolusVM Error: Please configure your DNS servers
Before going into the steps for fixing this error we will see what causes this error.
In SolusVM while trying to add reverse DNS we will end up with the following error at times:
Reverse DNS is the mapping of an IP address to the domain name (“point to”, or “PTR”). It’s the opposite of forward DNS, which maps domain names to IP addresses.
Fixing rDNS issues is important since many email filters will reject incoming mail from any sending IP address that does not have a proper rDNS record configured.
Not selecting the PowerDNS server for the necessary IP Block can lead to this error.
Steps to fix this error
Following are the steps that our Support Engineer follow to fix this error for our customers:
1. Firstly we have to log in to the SolusVM administrator interface.
2. Then open IP Blocks and go to Edit Block
3. And select configured PowerDNS master in PowerDNS Server field.
5. After that, click on Update Block.
6. Now we have to add PowerDNS master to SOlusVM.
Steps for Adding the PowerDNS master to SolusVM are given below:
1. Firstly, from the admincp we have to go to Configuration and take PowerDNS, click Add
2. And give the DNS server a name, click Continue.
3. Then we have to fill in all the master DNS servers SQL details such as ‘Name’, ‘Description’, ‘IP Address’, ‘SQL Port’, ‘SQL Username’, ‘SQL Password’, ‘SQL Database’.
4. After filling we can save the changes.
5. Now we will have the button options at the bottom to test the connection, view zones, and create reverse DNS zones.
[Need assistance? We can help you]
To conclude, we saw the steps that our Support Techs follow to fix SolusVM Error “Please configure your DNS servers” for our customers.