Stuck with SolusVM: Incorrect RAM value for OpenVZ VPS? We can help you.
Often, we come across this error when Vswap is not enabled for the node and/or for the virtual server.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several SolusVM queries.
Today, let us see how we fix this error for our customers.
Incorrect RAM value for OpenVZ VPS
At times, we notice an Incorrect RAM value for OpenVZ VPS in SolusVM > Virtual Servers > VPS.
For example, 8TB RAM.
We can check the VPS specification like RAM, disk space, virtualization, IP Address, etc from the SolusVM Control Panel.
To do so, our Support Techs suggest the steps below:
- Initially, we log in to the SolusVM Control Panel.
- In case we have multiple VPS, we select the appropriate one.
- Under the VPS hostname, we can see VPS specifications like the IP address of the VPS, the operating system’s disk size, the amount of available RAM, the hostname, the Virtualization details such as KVM, Xen, OpenVZ, etc.
The major cause of this error can be Vswap not enabled for the node and/or for the virtual server.
Moving ahead, let us see how our Support Techs go about fixing this error.
How to resolve this error?
In order to solve this error, we need to enable vswap in SolusVM.
For existing VPSes
- At first, we login to the SolusVM admin panel.
- Then we enable Vswap at Virtual Servers > List Virtual Servers > VPS > Resources and click Upgrade/Downgrade with these Settings
- After that, we reboot the VPS at SolusVM > Virtual Servers > List Virtual Servers > VPS
For new VPSes
- Here, we login to the SolusVM admin panel
- Then we open SolusVM > Nodes > list Nodes > Edit node
- Eventually, we enable the Vswap option and click Update Node
[Need help with the fix? We’d be happy to assist]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs fix the SolusVM error.