TYPO3 No TypoScript template found – Quick Fix!
Are you looking for why TYPO3 is showing the error no TypoScript template found? We can help you fix it.
Usually, the error shows up if there is not template enabled at the root level flag.
At Bobcares, we often get requests to fix TYPO3 errors, as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today, let’s see how our Support Engineers fix this error.
What is the TypoScript template?
TYPO3 CMS has a clear separation between contents and its design. But this works in coordination because of the configuration language, TypoScript.
For instance, TypoScript reads content from the database, prepares it to display, then it shows up in the frontend. Hence, a TypoScript defines how a webpage contents should be rendered in the frontend.
Basically, a TypoScript template, created in the template module can exist on any page. But mistakes in the TypoScript template can end up in errors. So, let’s discuss the error Service Unavailable (503).
The complete error message appears as,
How we fix the error no TypoScript template found?
Now let’s see how our Support Engineers fix this error. Usually, the error shows up when there is no template enabled with the root level flag in the page tree.
So to fix this error, we need to enable the root level flag. And we do this as follows:
1. Initially, we login to the TYPO3 backend.
2. Now from the module menu, we choose the option WEB >> Template.
3. Next, we select the root page from the page tree. And this opens the Template tool window.
4. Here we select the option Info/Modify from the dropdown in the Docheader.
5. Then we select the option Edit the whole template record.
6. Here our Support Engineers check the entries under the option General. This is where we add the page object. For instance, a standard entry of the page setup appears as,
page = PAGE page.10 = TEXT page.10.value = <Page setup>
7. Next under the Options tab, we ensure to enable the checkbox Rootlevel.
8. Later, in the Includes tab, we add the appropriate template options.
Finally, we check that the error doesn’t show up again.
[Still, having trouble in fixing TYPO3 errors? – We can help you.]
In short, the TYPO3 error ‘No TypoScript template found’ shows up if there is no template enabled at the root level flag. In today’s writeup, we saw how our Support Engineers fix this error for our customers.