Many of our customers contact us saying that they no longer can connect to the AWS server and come across an error code 0x204.
Usually, this error occurs while trying to login to a remote machine on VPC.
The error 0x204 can mean that the VPC cannot reach the internet because there is no Internet Gateway allowing communication from the internet to the VPC.
Here at Bobcares, we have seen several such AWS-related errors as part of our AWS Support Services for web hosts, AWS users, and online service providers.
Today we’ll see how to fix this AWS error.
How we tackle AWS error code 0x204
Now let’s take a look at how our Support Engineers tackle this error.
1. Enable the Remote Desktop protocol
We suggest checking the remote connection settings to see if the PC can be accessed from another device. Here are the instructions to do the same.
- First, we open the Run app by pressing the Windows logo key + R shortcut.
- Then we type SystemPropertiesRemote.exe and press the OK button.
- We will be taken to the System Properties menu.
- Here, we navigate to the Remote tab.
- Then we move to the Remote Desktop section.
- After that, we select ‘Allow remote connections to this computer’.
- Also, we check ‘Allow remote connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network-level authentication (recommended)’.
- Finally, we click Apply and OK to save the changes.
2. Configure the security settings
We can also make sure that the Windows Firewall allows remote desktop connections. Here are the instructions we follow.
- In the Start Menu, we locate Control Panel and enter it.
- Next, we click on System and Security.
- Then we navigate to Windows Defender Firewall.
- After that, we click on the Allow an app through the Windows Firewall link.
- Finally, we locate Remote Desktop and check it.
[Need any further assistance in fixing AWS errors? – We are here to help you.]
In short, this error occurs while trying to login to a remote machine on VPC. Today, we saw how our Support Engineers fix this error.