Let us discuss how to manage CloudWatch Logs for AWS DMS.
Here, at Bobcares, we assist our customers with several AWS queries as part of our AWS Support Services.
How do I enable, access, or delete Amazon CloudWatch logs for AWS DMS?
CloudWatch Logs for AWS DMS
Generally, we may receive errors while we run AWS CLI commands if we do not use the most recent AWS CLI version.
Enable logging for a new DMS task
To do so, we select Enable CloudWatch logs when we create a task.
Enable logging for an existing DMS task
- To do so, we open the AWS DMS console, and then from the navigation pane, we select Database migration tasks.
- If the task is in the Failed or Stopped status, we select the task > Actions > Modify > Enable CloudWatch logs.
- However, if it is Running, we can change the task setting for logging using the AWS CLI.
Once done, we can manage the AWS DMS task logs.
View the logs of a DMS task
Our Support Techs recommend the steps below to view the logs of a task that has run:
- Initially, we open the AWS DMS console then we select Database migration tasks from the navigation pane.
- We select the name of the task.
- From the Overview details section, we select View logs.
Delete the logs of a DMS task
- We open the AWS DMS console > Replication instances.
- Then we select the name of the replication instance that hosts the task.
- From the Log management section, we select the logs to delete.
- Eventually, we click, Delete.
- We confirm that we want to delete the logs permanently by choosing Delete.
We can also delete AWS DMS logs from the CloudWatch console.
To do so, our Support Techs suggests the steps below:
- In the CloudWatch console, we select Logs from the navigation pane.
- We use the Filter field to search for the log files. The log group has the prefix dms.
- We select the log group and then select Actions.
- Then select Delete log group.
- Eventually, we confirm that we want to delete the logs permanently by selecting Delete.
[Failed with any of the above? We are here for you]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs enable, view, and delete CloudWatch Logs.