Due to different reasons, we may want to delete a Virtual Server in Virtualmin.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several Virtualmin queries.
Today, let us see how we can delete a Virtual Server in Virtualmin.
Delete Virtual Server in Virtualmin
First and foremost, make note that once we remove a Virtual Server, all files, databases, and users are permanently deleted and cannot be restored without a backup.
Moving ahead, let us see how our Support Techs perform the task.
- Initially, we click on the Virtualmin section.
- Then we click on the domain name for the Virtual Server we wish to delete from the drop-down box.
For example, test.bobcares.com.
- Here, we select Disable and Delete from the available options
- Eventually, we click on the Delete Virtual Server module
- Once we are sure to delete the Virtual Server, we click the Yes, Delete It button.
As a result, the Virtual Server we select will delete and no longer accessible.
- Domain not listed under the virtual server
Recently, we had a client who was unable to create a domain “domain.com”. He came across the error:
“Failed to create virtual server: The domain domain.com is already hosted by your Apache webserver”
He was unable to list the “domain.com” under the virtual server list to delete.
In such a case, we can delete the entry from the apache virtual host manually.
Our Support techs edit the apache configuration file and remove the virtual host block for the “domain.com”:
In addition, we ensure to remove the corresponding user for the domain.
We can do that from the command line, or from Webmin -> System -> Users and Groups.
[Need help with the procedure? We’d be happy to assist]
To conclude, we need to make sure that we have a backup before we proceed to remove the Virtual Server. Today, we saw how our Support Techs go about deleting a Virtual Server in Virtualmin.