Is your email notification not working in SolusVM?We can help you!
Often our customers using SolusVm report to us that their SolusVM Email notifications are not working. This is when they use SMPT as Mail Type in Mail under the settings in the SolusVM configuration.
Here at Bobcares, we handle requests from our customers to fix similar issues as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today let’s see how our Support Engineers fix this for our customers.
How to fix Email notification not working in SolusVM
Before going into the steps for fixing this issue we will see what causes the issue on SolusVM.
With SMTP Debug we can try to send a test message in SolusVM > Tools > Email. We may get the following output for this:
This can be due to the incorrect SMTP password set in the SMTP Password under the mail setting in SolusVM configuration.
Steps to fix this issue
1. First we must log in to the SolusVM administrator interface.
2. Then we must open SolusVM and go to Configuration
3. From there go to Settings and take Mail.
4. Now we can change SMTP Password.
5. Finally, click Update.
Email notifications not getting sent from SolusVM
At times, apart from the error above, users also may notice that their mail notifications are not getting sent from SolusVM.
This can happen when the SolusVM > Configuration > Settings > Mail option Disable Emails is set to Yes.
We will see how our Support Engineers fix this issue for our customers:
Steps to fix this error
1. Firstly, we have to log in to the SolusVM Administrator area.
2. Then go to Configuration and click on Settings
3. From there go to Mail look for Disable Emails.
4. Here we have to correct the value to enable notifications by setting Disable Emails to No.
5. Finally we can click Update.
[Need assistance? We can help you]
To conclude, we saw the steps that our Support Techs follow to fix the email not working issue on SolusVM for our customers using SolusVM.