Wondering how to fix Google Cloud SQL connection timeout error? We can help you!
At times Google cloud SQL users report to us that while trying to connect to the database they get this error.
Here at Bobcares, we often handle requests from our customers to fix similar errors as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today we will see how our Support Engineers do this for our customers.
How to fix Google Cloud SQL connection timeout
Before going into the steps for fixing this error we will see what causes this error.
A typical error looks like the following one:
Causes for the issue:
Following are the reasons why a connection attempt may possibly fail:
1. Network issues
2. Database might be temporarily unable to respond.
Steps to fix this error
Following are the steps to fix this timeout error:
We have to add the external IP address of the instance in cloud SQL AUTHORISATION.
For doing this we can use the steps given below:
1. Firstly, we have to enter into the cloud SQL instance by clicking on the instance name from the console.
2. Then click on the Authorisation tab.
3. After that we have to add the external IP address of virtual machine instance by clicking on +Add network.
4. And enter the IP address in the Network field.
5. Finally we can click Done and save the Cloud SQL instance.
[Need assistance? We can help you]
To conclude, we saw the steps that our Support Techs follow to fix SQL connection timeout on Google cloud platform for our customers using GCP.