Wondering about OnApp: Delete Data Store? We can help you.
As we all know, it is the data stores that provide disk space for our virtual servers and operating systems.
As part of our Server Virtualization Technologies and Services, we assist our customers with several OnApp queries.
Today, let us discuss how to edit and delete data stores in OnApp.
OnApp: Delete Data Store
Though the basic management tools are the same, the creation process differs for all data store types.
Edit Integrated Storage Data Store
Once we create the data store, we can add and remove storage nodes at any time.
Hence, it is easy to expand the distributed storage as we add drives to compute resources, or add new compute resources.
To do so, our Support Techs suggest the following steps:
- Initially, we go to Control Panel >Storage > Data Stores. A screen will appear with all data stores currently available.
- Here, we click the Actions icon next to the data store we want to edit, then we choose Edit.
- We also use the filter to sort storage nodes by computing resources.
- To add or remove storage nodes from this data store, we move sliders next to the required nodes.
- Finally, we save the changes.
Delete Integrated Storage Data Store
In order to delete the Integrated Storage Data Store, we perform these steps:
- Go to Control Panel >Storage menu.
- We will then have a screen with the list of all distributed storage data stores in the cloud.
- Here, we click the Actions icon next to the data store to remove, then we choose Delete.
- We have to also confirm the deletion.
Failed to delete a data store?
Suppose the data store has disks allocated to it. In such a case, we cannot remove it from the CP.
To troubleshoot this problem, our Support Techs suggest the method below:
- Go to Settings > Data Stores menu.
- We click on the required data store label and remove existing disks (it has a delete icon).
- Then we go to the Alerts menu and check for Zombie disk.
- We remove Zombie disks if there are any.
- Eventually, we try to delete the data store again.
[Need help with the procedures? We’d be happy to assist]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs delete data store for our customers.