phpBB Google analytics – How we do it easily!!
Looking at how to set up phpBB Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a widely-used web analytics service on the web. And, it is easy to install it in the phpBB forum sites.
At Bobcares, we often receive requests to install it as part of Server Management Services.
Today, let’s have a deep look at this topic and see how our Support Engineers do it easily.
Google analytics in phpBB
Before getting detailed into the topic, let’s have a brief look at phpBB and Google Analytics.
A Bulletin Board is an application dedicated to the exchange of messages or other files on a network. And, phpBB is the most widely used open-source bulletin board system in the world.
We can use it to create a discussion forum where people can post topics and other people can reply to those topics.
While Google Analytics(GA) can track and report traffic to a website, analyze details about the visitors on the website and more.
We can install GA on the phpBB forum sites to track all the information.
How to install phpBB Google analytics?
Let’s now see how we can install GA on the phpBB forum sites.
Recently, one of our customers approached us to install GA on the phpBB site. To install it, we follow the below steps.
Getting the GA Tracking Code
- Firstly, we need to create an Analytics account for the site.
- Then, go to the Google Analytics website and log in using your account credentials.
- After that, navigate to Admin>>Account>>Create a new account.
- Next, we need to fill a form with details related to our website and click on the Get Tracking ID button.
- After getting the tracking code, we need to go to the Google Analytics for the phpBB extension page and download the package to the local computer.
- Then, we need to upload the extension using FTP.
Installing Tracking Code
- Firstly, we need to login to the phpBB forum and navigate to Administrator Control Panel>>Customize>>Manage extensions.
- Then, we can see Google Analytics as an extension after the proper uploading of the extension files.
- Nextly, click on the Enable link and activate the extension on the forum site.
- To install the tracking code, we go to the phpBB Administer Control Panel and navigate to General>>Board Settings>>Google Analytics.
- Then, we enter the tracking ID in the input text box.
- Finally, we save the changes and successfully install GA in the phpBB forum site.
[Need more assistance to install it?- We’ll help you.]
In short, phpBB Google Analytics tracks all the information related to the phpBB forum sites. Today, we discussed this topic in detail and saw how our Support Engineers install it easily for our customers.