Wondering how to fix Plesk “Local Docker node is missing”? We can help you.
This warning is often seen when we try to manage Docker containers from the Docker extension via Plesk.
Here at Bobcares, we often handle requests from our customers to fix similar Plesk errors as a part of our Server Management Services. Today we will see how our support engineers fix this for our customers.
How to fix “Local Docker node is missing” on Plesk
Before going into the steps for fixing this error we will see what causes this error.
A typical error may look like the one given below:
Warning: Local Docker node is missing. Refer to this KB article to resolve this issue. The ability to work with remote nodes is available only in the paid version of the extension. You can buy the extension here.
Even though we may see the Docker Service up and running, from the Plesk logfile /var/log/plesk/panel.log we can see the following:
dpkg: error processing package docker-engine (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 Errors were encountered while processing: docker-engine ... Cannot install docker-engine
Cause for the error
The cause of this error can be the Docker installation being corrupted.
Steps to fix this error:
We can reinstall the Docker extension in Plesk Extensions catalog or via a command-line interface.
Plesk Extensions catalog
We can use the following steps to do this with Plesk Extensions catalog:
1. Firstly, to reinstall from the Plesk extension catalog, we need to type an extension name in the search bar.
2. And when the extension appears in the list, we need to click on it.
3. Now click Get it free to begin the installation.
4. Once the reinstallation is complete check if the error still persists.
The following steps can be done from CLI to reinstall the Docker extension:
1. Connect to the Plesk server via SSH.
2. And remove the Docker extension using the following command:
# plesk bin extension --uninstall docker
3. After that we can install the Docker extension using the following command:
# plesk bin extension --install docker
[Need assistance? We can help you]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs fix “Local Docker node is missing” issue on Plesk for our customers.