Wondering how to reinstall OS in SolusVM? We can help you.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several SolusVM queries.
Today, let us see simple steps followed by our Support Techs to Reinstall OS.
How to reinstall OS in SolusVM?
In this article, we shall discuss about the steps to easily do a reinstallation of the OS on your VPS using SolusVM.
- Firstly, login into SolusVM and then go ahead and click on ‘Manage’ option.
- On the next screen click on reinstall.
- Next, select the OS you want to install, scroll down to the bottom and click on reinstall.
- You will be prompted to provide confirmation, click on “Yes”.
- Once you’ve confirmed above step the installation will begin.
- If you choose Linux the root password will be provided on the next screen (please take note of it now).
- If you chose Windows then the administrator password for a remote desktop connection will be shown on the next screen (username is administrator)
- Just make sure to wait at least 5-10 minutes for the installation to fully complete.
- Linux takes about a minute or two, but Windows may take a little longer.
- Please note that if you interrupt the reinstall process by attempting to reboot the server it may not complete successfully.
- If you were able to connect via SSH or RDP, then you’re done and no need to continue to the next steps.
For some Windows installation, if a password isn’t shown then you need to set an administrator password to then be able to access it via RDP.
In order to do that, follow below steps.
- Firstly, go to VNC.
- Then choose HTML5 VNC Client but note that if by any reason you get an error, you should try using Java VNC Client.
[Need help with SolusVM? We can help you]
In short, today we saw the steps followed by our Support Techs to reinstall OS on SolusVM.