Wondering how to run Amazon DynamoDB? We can help you.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several Amazon DynamoDB queries.
Today, let us focus on the various aspects of Amazon DynamoDB and to run the same.
Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL database service that allows creating database tables that can store and retrieve any amount of data.
Generally, it automatically manages the data traffic of tables over multiple servers and maintains performance.
It also relieves the customers from the burden of operating and scaling a distributed database. Hence, Amazon manages hardware provisioning, setup, configuration, replication, software patching, cluster scaling, etc.
Benefits of Amazon DynamoDB
- Managed service:
Amazon DynamoDB is a managed service. It handles all the complexities of scaling, partitions, and re-partitions data over more machine resources to meet I/O performance requirements.
It is designed to scale. We can store and retrieve any amount of data. DynamoDB will spread automatically with the amount of data stored as the table grows.
Amazon DynamoDB provides high throughput at very low latency. As datasets grow, latencies remain stable due to the distributed nature of DynamoDB’s data placement and request routing algorithms.
- Durable and highly available:
Similarly, it replicates data over at least 3 different data centers’ results. The system operates and serves data even under various failure conditions.
Amazon DynamoDB allows the creation of dynamic tables, i.e. the table can have any number of attributes, including multi-valued attributes.
Payment is for what we use without any minimum charges. Its pricing structure is simple and easy to calculate.
Run Amazon DynamoDB
Step 1: To set up DynamoDB, follow the steps given below:
- Download DynamoDB (.jar file) using the following link. It supports multiple Operating Systems like Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
.tar.gz format − http://dynamodb-local.s3-website-us-west2.amazonaws.com/dynamodb_local_latest.tar.gz
.zip format − http://dynamodb-local.s3-website-us-west2.amazonaws.com/dynamodb_local_latest.zip.
- Once the download is complete, extract the contents and copy the extracted directory to a location wherever we want.
- Open the command prompt and navigate to the directory where we extracted DynamoDBLocal.jar, and execute the following command:
java -Djava.library.path=./DynamoDBLocal_lib -jar DynamoDBLocal.jar -sharedDb
Step 2: Our Support Techs suggest to create a Table using the following steps.
- Initially, open AWS Management Console and select DynamoDB.
- Then select the region of the table and click the Create Table button.
- Then create Table window opens. Fill the details into their respective fields and click the Continue button.
- Finally, a review page opens where we can view details. Click the Create button.
- Now the Table-name is visible in the in-to the list and Dynamo Table is ready to use
[Couldn’t run Amazon DynamoDB? We’d be happy to assist]
To conclude, the downloadable version of Amazon DynamoDB provides an executable .jar file. However, in order to run it, we saw two quick and easy steps that our Support Engineers employ.