Stuck with SolusVM KVM VPS disk space error after VPS creation? We can help you.
Solus Virtual Manager (SolusVM) is a powerful GUI based VPS management system with full OpenVZ, Linux KVM, Xen Paravirtualization and Xen HVM support.
Here at Bobcares, we handle requests from our customers to fix the similar errors as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today, we will see how our Support Engineers fix this for our customers.
SolusVM KVM VPS disk space error after VPS creation
When the issue occurs KVM VPS disk space will not correspond to allocated amount after VPS creation in SolusVM.
You can see the below error when trying to deploy a VPS partition using virt-resize utility:
# virt-resize -d –resize-force /dev/sda2=2048M –expand /dev/sda1 /home/solusvm/kvm/template/linux-debian-9-x86_64-minimal-latest.gz /dev/solusvm/kvm101_img <…> virt-resize: error: libguestfs error: resize2fs: e2fsck 1.42.9 (28-Dec-2013) /dev/sda1 has unsupported feature(s): metadata_csum e2fsck: Get a newer version of e2fsck! e2fsprogs version earlier than 1.43 does not support metadata_csum feature.
How to resolve it?
Today, let us see the simple steps followed by our Support Techs to resolve this SolusVM disk space error.
Update e2fsprogs following the below steps:
- Firstly, connect to KVM node via SSH
- Then, install onapp repository by running the below command.
# wget http://cdn.rpm.repo.onapp.com/repo/OnApp-hosters.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/OnApp-hosters.repo
- Then, remove the current package ignoring dependencies by running below command.
# rpm -e –nodeps e2fsprogs
- Install the package back(it will be installed from the repo installed in step 1) by running the below command.
# yum install e2fsprogs
- Next, make sure the package has newer version. You can check that by running the below command.
# rpm -qa e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-1.43.4-2.el7.onapp.x86_64
- Finally, remove onapp repository by running the below command.
# rm -f /etc/yum.repos.d/OnApp-hosters.repo
Please note that node reboot may be necessary for changes to take effect.
[Need assistance with SolusVM error?We can help you]
In short, today we saw steps followed by our Support Techs in order to resolved this Solusvm error.