Wondering how to sync Outlook with OWA? We can help you with it.
Here at Bobcares, we have seen several such Outlook related queries as part of our Server Management Services for web hosts and online service providers.
Today we will take a look at how to sync Outlook with OWA.
How we sync Outlook with OWA
Here are the steps our Support Engineers follow to sync Outlook.
1. First, we create a new mail profile in Outlook by clicking Start >> Control Panel >> Mail >> Show Profiles.
2. Next, we click “Add” to add a profile. Then we enter a name for the profile and click “OK.”
3. After that, we click the check box at the bottom of the screen labeled “Manually configure server settings or additional server types.”
4. Also, we click the radio button labeled “Microsoft Exchange” and click “Next.”
5. Now, we enter the name of the Exchange server and check the box labeled “Use Cached Exchange Mode.” Then we type the full username into the box for our account, for example, “email@example.com.” We click the “More Settings…” button.
6. Next, we click the “Connection” tab, and we click to check the box labeled “Connect to Microsoft Exchange Using HTTP” and we click the “Exchange Proxy Settings…” button.
7. Then we type the address of our OWA server, for example, “webmail.example.com.” Also, we click to check both the “On fast networks….” box and the “On slow networks…” box. We choose “Basic Authentication” for the proxy authentication services and click “OK.”
8. After that, we click “Check Name” and enter the Exchange server email password at the prompt and we click “OK.” We then click “Next” to continue and “Finish” to complete the setup.
9. Finally, we launch Outlook to automatically sync the email and tasks through OWA.
It is not possible to sync contacts between Outlook and OWA. So we ensure to back up the contacts manually in Outlook.
Sync favorites from Outlook to Outlook Web Access (OWA)
In Outlook, we use some favorite/search folders. In the case of Microsoft Exchange 2010, we have Outlook Web Access (OWA) as a webmail client.
1. In our mail profile (via Control Panel), we uncheck the checkbox for ‘Use Cached Exchange mode’.
2. Next, we restart Outlook.
3. Then we wait for some time (and maybe now create some favorites/search folders).
4. After that, we navigate to OWA (or refresh) and see the favorites and search folders to be synced.
5. Finally, now we recheck the checkbox.
[Still, finding any difficulty in syncing Outlook through OWA? – We are here to help you]
Today, we saw how our Support Engineers sync Outlook through OWA.