Wondering how to add a Trusted sender in SmarterMail? We can help you.
By default, every contact in a user’s Contacts list is considered a trusted sender and bypasses spam filtering.
However, SmarterMail may at timers considers legit emails as spam or junk mail, we can prevent this by using the trusted sender feature.
Here at Bobcares, we handle requests from our customers to add trusted emails as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today we will see how our Support Engineers fix this for our customers.
How to Add Trusted Sender in SmarterMail
By using the Trusted sender feature on SmarterMail we prevent mail from friends, business associates, and mailing lists from being blocked or sent to the Junk Email folder.
Following are the steps to add a Trusted sender:
1. Firstly, log in to the web interface as an administrator.
2. Then go to Settings and take Domain Settings.
3. From the domain setting go to Users.
4. After that click New to add a new email/ domain.
5. Here we can add the address or domain.
6. Finally, click Save to add the sender.
How to Override Default Spam Filtering Rules
In Smartermail, we can override the default spam filtering rules according to our own configuration and can also add in the email address of the sender for bypassing the filtering rules and Greylisting.
Following are the steps to do this:
1. Firstly, log in to the webmail.
2. Then go to Setting and take Filtering.
3. From filter go to Spam Filtering.
4. Then from the Option tab click Override spam settings for this account.
5. Once the settings load, we can click the Actions tab.
Here we can configure the spam settings at this stage.
For example, we can select the action for Spam Weight more than 30 with “Delete Messages” or “Move to Junk E-Mail Folder”.
[Need assistance? We can help you]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs add Trusted sender in SmarterMail for our customers.