Wondering how to fix VMware Error “vDS host error”? We can help you.
Often VMware users report to us that they get this error while trying to power on their VM.
Here at Bobcares, we handle requests from our customers to fix similar errors as a part of our Server Management Services. Today we will see how our Support Engineers fix this for our customers.
How to fix VMware Error “vDS host error”
While powering on a virtual machine (VM) it may at times fail with the following error:
Before going into the steps for fixing the error we will see what causes this error.
This error is caused by an incorrect database record for the particular VM virtual network interface card (NIC).
Steps to Fix this Error
We can re-add the virtual NIC to create a clean database record for the VM to fix this error.
Now we will see the steps that our Support Engineers follow to fix this error.
Note: This procedure can be used ONLY for vSphere-only environments If there is any uncertainty regarding whether other products have been added onto the vCenter Server we should not proceed with the below steps.
For vSphere-only environments we do the following to fix this error:
1. Firstly, we have to find the VM object in the vCenter Hosts and Clusters view.
2. Then select the VM and click Edit Settings
3. After that note down all of the virtual NIC settings for later.
4. And delete the virtual NIC.
In case if the VM has more than one virtual NIC, we must only remove one virtual NIC at a time.
5. Now, save the change and the VM again, click on Edit Settings.
6. Here we can re-add the virtual NIC with the settings noted earlier.
[Need assistance? We can help you]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs fix VMware Error “vDS host error” for our customers.