Windows error code 0x800f0922 occurs due to the absence of some crucial Dot Net features on the computer, low System Reserved partition space, and failure to connect to Microsoft Windows Update server.
Here at Bobcares, we have seen several such Windows-related errors as part of our Server Management Services for web hosts and online service providers.
Today we’ll take a look at the causes for this error and see the fix.
What causes ‘Windows error code 0x800f0922’ to occur
Here are the different reasons for this error to occur.
- Absence of some crucial Dot Net features on the computer.
- Low System Reserved partition space. That is, when there is no enough free space for the system reserver partition, the computer will not be able to load new Windows 10 installation files.
- Fail to connect to Microsoft Windows Update server. The computer may not be able to connect to the Microsoft Windows Update server due to a VPN connection in-home or office network.
How we resolve ‘Windows error code 0x800f0922’
Now let’s take a look at the different solutions our Support Engineers provide.
Solution 1: Reboot the computer
The first and obvious way to resolve this error is to restart the computer. In some cases, the Windows Update requires a restart to finalize the update process.
Solution 2: Disconnecting internet connection
We see if the Error 0x800f0922 occurs when downloading the newest update of Windows 10. This means that there is less than 500 MB in the system reserved partition. In such a case, we follow the below method and see if we’re able to update the device’s internet connection on the computer.
- First, we disconnect the internet connection from the computer.
- Then we wait for a few minutes.
- After that, we try reconnecting to the internet connection and check if the error still persists.
Solution 3: Turn ‘ON’ DotNet features on your computer
Sometimes, turning the DotNet features ‘ON’ on the computer will resolve the problem.
1. First, we press the Windows key and then type “Turn Windows“.
2. Next, we click on the “Turn Windows Features On or Off“.
3. When the Windows Features window appears, in the list of the features, we check all the “.NET Framework” features.
4. Now, we click on “OK” to save the changes on the computer.
5. Windows will install this feature on the computer.
6. Finally, we reboot the computer once the process is complete.
After rebooting the computer, we try to update the Windows again. As a result, this will resolve the problem.
Solution 4: Turning off the Firewall temporarily on the computer
We try this only if we are using a Private network.
Turning the firewall ‘OFF‘ temporarily on the computer can solve this problem on the computer.
1. We press Windows key+ R to launch Run.
2. Then we type this command in that Run window and hit Enter.
As a result, it will open Windows Defender Firewall settings in Control Panel.
3. We click on “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off“ in the Windows Defender Firewall window, in the left pane.
4. Now, under the Private network settings, we click on “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)“.
5. Finally, we click on “OK” to save the settings on the computer.
Now, try updating your Windows 10. Check if you are still facing the issue or not.
[Need any further assistance in fixing Windows errors? – We are here to help you]
In short, this error occurs due to the absence of some crucial Dot Net features on the computer, low System Reserved partition space, and failure to connect to the Microsoft Windows Update server. Today, we saw the solution provided by our Support Engineers.