Wondering how to configure Cloudflare Zone Lockdown? We can help you.
Here at Bobcares, we often handle requests from our customers using Cloudflare to configure Zone lockdown as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today we will see how our Support Engineers do this for our customers.
How to Configure Cloudflare Zone Lockdown
Before going into the steps for configuring, we will see some features of this:
Features of Zone Lockdown
1. Zone Lockdown specifies a list of one or more IP addresses, CIDR ranges, or networks that are the only IPs allowed to access a domain, subdomain, or URL
2. In case if anyone other than the allowed IPs try to access the page or site they will end up with an “1106 access denied“ error. This indicates that the IP address is blocked by the Cloudflare firewall.
3. Zone Lockdown also allows multiple destinations in a single rule as well as IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
Steps for configuring Zone Lockdown
1. First, we must go to the Tools tab of the Cloudflare Firewall app.
2. From there click on Create a Zone Lockdown Rule.
3. Here we can fill in the details such as Name, URLs, IP Range.
Name: We can provide a single line description about the IP or Ip range of the Organization or person we wish to exclude from blocking (wish to allow). URLs: We can provide the URL of the website of the organization/person we wish to allow. IP Range: We can provide a single Ip or even a range of IPs that we wish to allow access to our website.
4. After filling all the above fields we can finally click Save and Deploy.
We can set a Priority under Advanced Options of the Zone Lockdown configuration for multiple overlapping Zone Lockdown rules. The lower the number, the higher the priority. And the higher priority rules take precedence.
[Need assistance? We can help you]
To conclude, we saw the steps that our Support Techs follow to configure Zone Lockdown for our customers.