Wondering how to redirect http to https redirect in CloudFront? We can help you.
At Bobcares we assist our customers with several AWS queries as part of our AWS Support Services for AWS users, and online service providers.
Today, let us see how our Support Techs perform it.
How to redirect http to https in CloudFront?
Today, let us see the steps followed by Support techs to redirect.
1. Firstly, go into your AWS Console and jump to CloudFront
2. Then, find the site you are working on. This isn’t immediately obvious, so look in the Origin column for the domain name or S3 bucket name you used.
Click the ID to go into the settings for that CloudFront Distribution.
3. Then, go to the Behaviors tab and click “Create a Behavior“.
You’ll see one behavior already there (“Default / (*) / S3-Bucket / HTTP and HTTPS”), just ignore that.
4. In “Path Pattern” you’ll want to set the matching rule for the site path you want to effect.
In this case we want the whole site, so enter “*”.
5. In “Viewer Protocol Policy” the important work gets done. Select “Redirect HTTP to HTTPS”.
6. Leave everything else as it is. Hit Save.
7. Lastly, make sure that this new rule has a precedence setting of “0”.
This means it’s the top CloudFront rule and it will be run before anything else, ensuring HTTPS is selected.
It will forward HTTP requests to HTTPS.
[Need assistance with CloudFront? We are available 24*7]
Today, we saw steps followed by our Support Techs to redirect http to https in CloudFront.