Most often, we Switch PHP FPM to LSAPI handler because it is a very good alternative in case we don’t tune FPM.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several FPM queries.
Today, our engineers discuss the switch to LSAPI.
Switch PHP FPM to LSAPI handler
Our Support Techs recommend the below procedure to switch on the cPanel server.
MultiPHP Manager in cPanel 94 and above
1. Initially, we log in to WHM as the root user.
2. We then navigate to Home »Software »EasyApache 4
3. Here, we click on the blue Customize button.
4. Then we click on the Apache Modules tab on the left and search for lsapi.
5. We need to toggle it for the installation.
6. After that, we click on the Review tab on the left sidebar.
7. Now, we click on the Provision button.
8. Then we navigate to Home »Software »MultiPHP Manager
9. We change the PHP-FPM setting to disabled. We will see the following description:
“System PHP-FPM setting applies to only new account creations.”
10. Under the “PHP Handlers” section, we select “lsapi” from the drop-down.
11. Then we click on the “User Domain Settings” tab
12. Finally, we change PHP-FPM to disabled for all domains
Legacy MultiPHP Manager in cPanel 92 and below
1. In this case as well, we log in to WHM as the root user.
2. Then we navigate to Home »Software »EasyApache 4
3. We can see a blue Customize button, we click on it.
4. On the left, we click on the Apache Modules tab and search for lsapi
5. Eventually, we click on it for installation.
6. Later, we click on the Review tab.
7. And then on the Provision button.
8. Eventually, we navigate to Home »Software »MultiPHP Manager
9. Scroll to the bottom and toggle FPM off for the domain(s)
10. Finally, we click on the PHP Handlers tab and select LSAPI for the handler of the version(s) of PHP we would like to use on.
[Need further assistance? We are glad to assist you]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs perform the switch in easy and effective methods.