Want to increase spam score of email accounts in cPanel? You have come to the right place. The Support Engineers at Bobcares share their tricks to do this in a breeze.
Here is a short guide to changing your settings to increase the spam score of your email accounts. At Bobcares, our Server Management Support Services has a solution for everything.
What is the spam score of email accounts in cPanel?
Did you know that the spam score of an email message is calculated on a scale of one to ten? The higher the score, the higher the chance of it being spam. Moreover, if an email’s spam score is more than the Spam Threshold Score, it will be labeled as spam. In addition, increasing the spam score enables you to prevent email spam to a large extent.
How to increase spam score of email accounts in cPanel
Our Support Engineers have come up with an easy solution to increase the spam score:
- First, select Spam Filter and click on it from the main cPanel dashboard.
- Next, select Spam Threshold Score. Then, you can adjust the Spam Threshold Score as per your preference. You can either change it as per the following setting or choose a custom number from 1 to 10.
- 1: This takes an aggressive approach and marks many legitimate emails as spam.
- 4: This is a good choice for well-tested servers.
- 5: Default
- 8: This is a good choice for Internet service providers.
- 10: This takes a passive approach and marks only obvious spam.
Subsequently, it is a good idea to keep the score at the default level and then make changes when you run into problems with spam emails.
In case you are opting for custom scores, it is a good idea to change it gradually :
- Slowly bring the score down if spam emails are still making their way through the filter.
- Increase the score if legitimate emails from contacts are being filtered as spam by mistake.
After changing the score, select Update Scoring Options and save it.
[Need help with Server Management? We are just a click away.]
At the end of the day, we learned how to increase the spam score to prevent spam from making its way through the filter from the helpful Support Team at Bobcares.