Wondering how to resolve Acronis “Failed to deploy task” error? We can help you.
Here at Bobcares, we handle requests from our customers to fix similar errors as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today we will see how our Support Engineers fix this for our customers.
Acronis “Failed to deploy task” error
Basically, start of Acronis True Image or an attempt to run any task in Acronis True Image fails with the error messages.
Failed to deploy task, typical error will look as shown below.
Secondly, the backup operation requires the scheduler service to started
There are several possible reasons why the services don’t start, few are listed below:
- If you try to launch Acronis True Image right after system boot, services may not get initialize yet. It suggests to wait several minutes before launching the product.
- Antivirus or different security software prevent Acronis Scheduler2 Service
- Machine will start in Safe Mode. See Acronis Products Do Not Work in Windows Safe Mode
How to resolve it?
Firstly, acronis True Image checks for Acronis Scheduler2 Service and tries to start it automatically on product launch.
You can also manually start the service and change the service startup type to Automatic
Make sure that Acronis Scheduler2 Service is Started and the Startup type is set to Automatic.
Let us see the steps followed by our Support Techs.
- Firstly, click Start -> Run and type in services.msc.
- Then, in the Services window locate Acronis Scheduler2 Service.
- Next, right-click on the service and select Properties in the pop-up menu.
- In the invoked window set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click the Log On tab and make sure the Log on as: is set to Local System account. Click OK.
- Finally, right-click on the service again and select Start in the pop-up menu.
If there is no specified service in the list or if you get the “The system cannot find the file specified” error on an attempt to start the service please do the following:
- Firstly, download the latest build of the product;
- Then, run the installation file and select Repair
After updating to the latest build of the product, it will automatically launch Acronis Scheduler2 Service, if it the service status is not set to Disabled.
If service still cannot start or stops abruptly, temporarily disable your antivirus software and check if the service starts correctly.
If the service starts when antivirus is disable, add Acronis True Image files to the antivirus exclusions/white list.
[Need more assistance with Acronis? We can help you]
Today, we saw how our Support Techs resolved Acronis “Failed to deploy task” error.