OnApp Backup Fail for XFS Disks? We can help you.
As part of our Server Virtualization Technologies and Services, we assist our customers with several OnApp queries.
Today, let us see how to fix the backup failure.
OnApp Backup Fail for XFS Disks
In this article, we are going to discuss both Incremental and Normal Backups.
Moving ahead, let us see the issue both backups come along with and how our Support Techs fix them.
Often Rsync fails while take and restore an incremental backup on an XFS disk under the following conditions:
- The /onapp/backups directory is shared via NFS.
- There are extended attributes associated with the files and directories on the XFS disk.
Here, Tar fails while we restore a normal backup on an XFS disk under the following conditions:
- The /onapp/backups directory shares via NFS.
- There are extended attributes that associate with files and directories on the XFS disk.
How to Resolve?
Now, we will see the methods our Support Techs employ to resolve this issue.
To resolve the issue for incremental backups, our Support Techs suggest the steps below:
- First and foremost, we go to the Control Panel > Settings > Configuration.
- After that, we click the Backups/Templates tab.
- Then we disable Store extended attributes and Store ACLs under Rsync options.
- Eventually, we click the Save Configuration button.
Once we save the configuration, the Control Panel server restarts OnApp services.
To resolve the issue for normal backups, we recommend the following:
- Initially, we access the info_hub.yml file.
- Then we locate the following section in the info_hub.yml file:
ssh_recipe: tar_options: - '--xattrs' - '--xattrs-include=*'
- After that, we remove the following lines from it:
- '--xattrs' - '--xattrs-include=*'
- Finally, to restart OnApp services we use the following command:
# service onapp restart
As a result, the extended attributes will not store on XFS disks with NFS shares while it takes and restores incremental and normal backups.
[Cannot take backup? We’d be happy to assist]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs go about OnApp Backup Fail for XFS Disks.