Stuck with Plesk 503 service temporarily unavailable error giving you trouble? Read to find out how to overcome this frustrating error from our experienced Support Engineers at Bobcares.
The HTTP 503 error is a common problem faced by a lot of our customers. Fortunately, our Support Team has a great solution on hand.
All about Plesk 503 service temporarily unavailable error
Have you come across the following error while attempting to access Plesk?
Service Unavailable. HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
If the answer is yes, you may also notice a couple of other things as well.
- The “PleskControlPanel” Application pool available under IIS Manager>SERVERNAME>Application Pools stops working. Even if you open it manually, it tends to stop.
- You may also get an error message like the one below in the Event Viewer Application log:
The worker process for application pool 'PleskControlPanel' encountered an error 'Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions ' trying to read configuration data from file '?\C:\inetpub\temp\apppools\PleskControlPanel\PleskControlPanel.config', line number '0'. The data field contains the error code.
The worker process for application pool 'PleskControlPanel' encountered an error 'Cannot read the configuration file ' trying to read configuration data from file '\\?\', line number '0'. The data field contains the error code.
The error 503 is often caused by the corrupted Plesk configuration file located at:
How to resolve Plesk 503 service temporarily unavailable error
According to our Support Engineer, you can follow these steps to resolve error 503 once and for all:
- First, connect via RDP to the Plesk server.
- Next, rename the Plesk configuration file located at C:\inetpub\temp\appPools\PleskControlPanel.
- After that navigate to Plesk Reconfigurator at Windows Start>All Programs>Plesk.
- Then, click Repair Plesk Installation in Plesk Reconfigurator. Then select Check under Check Plesk Services.
- Next, restart IIS with the following command in the command prompt:
- Last, open Plesk in the web browser without running into error 503.
[Still can’t get rid of the error? Give us a call.]
In brief, the Support Team at Bobcares showed us how to resolve the Plesk 503 error. At the end of the day, our Server Management Services is here to help you with any query, big or small.